Analyzes the financial information required for the operation, management and reporting for all utility funds of the City. Reports to the Finance Director
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepares annual audit schedules as assigned.
2. Prepare and respond to a variety of utility industry surveys.
3. Assist with budget preparation.
4. Preparation of monthly financial statements and reports for all enterprise funds.
5. Process monthly reconciliation of project management and materials management.
6. Assist with long and short-term strategic and financial planning.
7. Maintains maturity schedules and calculate accrued interest on investments.
8. Distribute Accounts Payable invoices to management staff and assist with coding invoices.
9. Attend UAB bi-monthly meetings.
10. Evaluate and accurately record and reconcile fixed assets, including appropriate depreciation expense.
11. Prepare reports to ensure appropriate insurance valuation on fixed assets. Report purchases of fixed assets to Risk Management Coordinator.
12. Gather, process, record and verify bi-weekly time cards. Check with supervisors regarding any discrepancies related to time cards, shift differentials or overtime.
13. Serves as back-up for payroll duties in absence of HR Coordinator. Preforms quarterly processing to maintain skillset.
QUALIFICATIONS-EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS-EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting. Five (5) years work experience preferably in a municipal utility environment.
2. Ability to perform complex calculations within spreadsheet software.
3. Ability to understand and assume responsibility for the preparation of audit schedules and reconciliations.
4. Ability to work independently, protect confidential information and exercise judgment with limited procedural guidance.
5. Ability to meet various deadlines as required.
6. Proficient with spreadsheets and word processing software required. Prefer Microsoft Office experience.
7. Ability to communicate effectively and represent the City of Rochelle in a professional and tactful manner.
This job description does not attempt to list all duties related to the job. Additional duties may be assigned.
Salary Range: $45,000-$65,000 DOQ
To apply online, click here: Employment Application