Chet J. Olson has been the Mayor of Rochelle since May '03 and has over forty years of experience in communication services. He has established a successful communications consulting business, Olson Communication Services.
- Extensive Management Experience with Contel and GTE Corporations
- Owner of a Local Business that Provides Telecommunication Services to Area Businesses
- Serving as Mayor during a Period of unprecedented economic growth
- Graduate Rochelle Township High School
- Additional Studies Kishwaukee College
- Chairman Cable TV Advisory Board
- Chairman Cable TV Task Force
- Chairman Ogle County Civic Center Authority
- Treasurer/Vice President Rochelle Kiwanis
- Numerous Civic Committees
- Past President - Northern Illinois Mayor's Association
- Officer (V.P.) of the Illinois Municipal League Board
- Present Officer (V.P.) of the Illinois Municipal League Board
- Present Board member of the Illinois Governor Broadband Deployment Council
- Present Committee member of the Illinois Century Network Policy Committee.
- Present Committee member of the National League of City Information Technologies Committee.
- Present Board member of Lee/Ogle Transportation System.
- Prior to his election, Olson served on numerous City of Rochelle committees.