City Clerk FAQs

How can I get a copy of a Birth or Death Certificate?

Contact the City Clerk's office if the person was born or died in Ogle County. You may also click "Forms" and fill out a request and either fax or mail the form to the City Clerk, following the instructions on the form. A valid ID as well as a check or money order are required.  The cost of a Certified Birth Certificate is $10 for the first copy and $5 for each additional copy ordered at the same time. A Certified Death Certificate is $12 for each copy.

May I bring up an item of concern to the Council at a meeting?

The City Council has provided a permanent placement at the beginning of the Agenda for citizens' requests to address the Council called Public Commentary.  Public Commentary is held before Business Items.  Before the meeting, anyone who wishes to discuss any item including those on the agenda, must present in writing to the City Clerk: their name, address and the subject matter on which they wish to speak.  During Public Commentary, the Mayor will ask those people on the list to address the City Council.  Each person will have a maximum of three minutes to speak.  A person can only address the Council one time during the Public Commentary.  There will be no pubilc commentary during the Business Items, except during a Public Hearing. 

How can I obtain the information I need from the City?

Most public information can be obtained upon request. For larger, more complicated requests, please contact the City Clerk and fill out a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) form. You will receive a reply within 5 business days (or 5 additional days if more time is needed to research and gather a large volume of material). The City Clerk can be reached by: Phone: 815-562-6161 Fax: 815-562-3888 E-mail:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. FOIA forms may be obtained on our website by clicking on City Clerk/Forms or by fax and e-mail. Completed forms may be faxed to the Clerk's Office; to expedite processing of your request.  Please confirm by telephone that your faxed request was received).

How do I communicate with the Council if I'm hearing impaired or physically challenged?

Phone 562-6161 by Friday prior to the Council meeting. Rochelle City Hall is wheelchair accessible. 

How can I apply for a Liquor License?

Contact the City Clerk's Office at (815) 562-6161.  The City Clerk will assist you.

If I am a city resident, where can I register to vote?

You may contact one of the following offices: Rochelle City Hall City Clerk's Office 420 N. 6th Street Rochelle, IL 61068 Phone: (815) 562-6161; Flag-Rochelle Public Library 619 4th Ave. Rochelle, IL 61068 Phone (815) 562-3431; Ogle County Courthouse County Clerk's Office 4th & Washington Streets Oregon, IL 61061 Phone: (815) 732-1110.

I know the City Council adopted an Ordinance, Agreement, or Resolution. How do I find it?

Contact the City Clerk's Office. We keep records beginning in 1853 and we can search by subject, date or by document.

How can I ascertain if an item is going before the Council?

The City Manager's office prepares the City Council Agenda and can answer your question(s).

How can I obtain the City Council Agenda and Minutes?

Upon request, the Agenda can be obtained in any of the following ways: By calling the City Clerk's office 562-6161, the Agenda can be faxed or mailed (at no charge to you) By Internet:  or Picked up in the City Clerk's office.

How do I reach my Council Representative?

The Mayor and Council Members are voted at-large. The City Clerk's Office can inform you who your Council Members are and can provide phone numbers and addresses. City Council Member contact information is also listed on the City's website.

When and where are City Council meetings held?

The City Council meets for formal business sessions on the second and fourth Mondays of the month beginning at 6:30 P.M. These meetings are open to the public. From time to time the Council will meet in a Special Council Meeting or a Committee of the Whole. Notice will be given to the media for publication of those meetings. Meetings are held in Council Chambers on the 1st floor of City Hall. The meetings are open to the public.