The Shop Local RMU Credit Program is an economic tool adopted by the City of Rochelle to encourage our residents to patronize local businesses who were forced to close during the COVID-19 pandemic. Participating in Shop Local RMU Credit Program provides a $60 reimbursement in the form of a credit on a future Rochelle Municipal Utility (RMU) bill for qualifying purchases at retail/service shop and restaurant establishments located within the RMU Service Territory.
$60 credit on your RMU bill
Each residential household within RMU Service territory (An unlimited number of times per household, through 7/31/21; and three times between 8/1/21 and 12/31/21)
Purchases made at qualifying businesses, August 15 through July 30, 2021.
A minimum $300 spent at a qualifying retail/service shop and/or local restaurants deemed non-essential by gubernatorial executive order.
Restrictions / Limitations
- Qualifying retail stores/service shops and restaurants are those businesses considered non-essential and closed by the Governor’s Early Executive Order, include boutiques, gift shops, salons, and clothing stores. The businesses must be in the RMU service territory.
- Purchases at stores considered essential, such as grocery stores, fueling centers, home improvement stores, landscaping, auto repair, and pharmacies are excluded from this program and do not qualify.
- An unlimited number of credits per household located within RMU Service Area of Rochelle until July 31, 2021 and three $60 credits between 8/1/21 and 12/31/21.
- Receipts from stores within the RMU Service Territory Area must be dated between August 15, 2020 through December 31, 2021.
- Proof of purchase (receipts) must be submitted with the RMU credit request form. (See below)
- Multiple purchases and/or gift cards may be combined to reach the minimum threshold for purchases.
- Credit request form must be submitted prior to Noon on December 31, 2021.
- Credit will be applied to the proceeding RMU bill after receipts are turned in, however the account must be in good standing to receive credit.
- The program has been approved through December 31, 2021.
When uploading receipts, you can only upload jpg,jpeg,gif,png,pdf file formats. They must be less than 2mb in file size.