The Shop Local RMU Credit Program is an economic tool adopted by the City of Rochelle to encourage our residents to patronize local businesses who were forced to close during the COVID-19 pandemic. Participating in Shop Local RMU Credit Program provides a $60 reimbursement in the form of a credit on a future Rochelle Municipal Utility (RMU) bill for qualifying purchases at retail/service shop and restaurant establishments located within the RMU Service Territory.
$60 credit on your RMU bill
Each residential household within RMU Service territory (3 per household)
Purchases made at qualifying businesses, August 15 through December 31, 2021
A minimum $300 spent at a qualifying retail/service shop and/or local restaurants deemed non-essential by gubernatorial executive order.
Restrictions / Limitations
- Qualifying retail stores/service shops and restaurants are those businesses considered non-essential and closed by the Governor’s Early Executive Order, include boutiques, gift shops, salons, and clothing stores. The businesses must be in the RMU service territory.
- Purchases at stores considered essential, such as grocery stores, fueling centers, home improvement stores, landscaping, auto repair, and pharmacies are excluded from this program and do not qualify.
- Limit three credit per household located within RMU Service Area of Rochelle.
- Receipts from stores within the RMU Service Territory Area must be dated between August 15, 2020 through December 31, 2021.
- Proof of purchase (receipts) must be submitted with the RMU credit request form. (See below)
- Multiple purchases and/or gift cards may be combined to reach the minimum threshold for purchases.
- Credit request form must be submitted prior to December 31, 2021.
- Credit will be applied to the proceeding RMU bill after receipts are turned in, however the account must be in good standing to receive credit.
- Three credits per household. The program has been approved through December 31, 2021.
- Qualifying businesses: pdf Retailers & Salons (108 KB) , pdf Restaurants (93 KB) , pdf RMU Area Businesses (47 KB)
When uploading receipts, you can only upload jpg,jpeg,gif,png,pdf file formats. They must be less than 2mb in file size.