The City of Rochelle, Illinois is accepting applications for the establishment of a Full-Time Firefighter/Paramedic Eligibility List.
Applicants must meet and pass all requirements established by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners. See Qualifications to Test below. Participants are required to submit a valid CPAT completed within the last calendar year from the written test date, August 6th, 2022. If you do not already hold a CPAT card, see below for area CPAT providers and dates.
Testing Events Schedule
June 1st, 2022: Applications are available for download on this page at 8am. pdf Testing Application Packet (449 KB)
September 10th at 9:00AM OR September 14th at 6:00PM: Candidates who have submitted complete applications by the deadline take the written exam. The location is the Rochelle Fire Department.
TBA: Candidates who pass the written exam with a score of greater than 70 will be scheduled for an oral interview.
Qualifications To Test
- Must show proof of being a citizen of the United States of America
- Must provide a copy of birth certificate
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application, 21 years at time of appointment
- Cannot have attained the age of 35 at the time of testing (unless meeting an exception provided by 65 ILCS 5/10-1-7.1.c)
- Must provide copy of High School or G.E.D. graduation
- Must show proof of valid driver's license
- Must provide a copy of Social Security Card
- Must meet all requirements established by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- All tests begin on time. If you are late, you will not be allowed to test.
- Successful applicants must be at least an Illinois EMT-Basic, NREMT-Basic, or RN (Registered Nurse) by time of appointment.
- Must submit a valid CPAT completed within the last calendar year.
Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT)
The CPAT is a standardized physical ability test jointly created by the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) to evaluate candidate fitness for work as a firefighter. The Rochelle Fire Department does not conduct CPAT examinations and does not endorse any particular CPAT examiner or vendor. There are several CPAT examiners in Illinois, three are listed below, please use the links supplied for the most accurate and up-to-date information. CPAT examinations generally require substantial advanced registration. Candidates who do not already have a valid CPAT should secure their CPAT registration as soon as possible.
Central Illinois Fire Chiefs Association in Decatur, Illinois
For Information Contact:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER