BOARD OF FIRE AND POLICE COMMISSIONERS OF THE CITY OF ROCHELLE, ILLINOIS
EXAMINATION FOR FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC
The City of Rochelle, Illinois is accepting applications for the establishment of a Full-Time Firefighter/Paramedic Eligibility List.
Applicants must meet and pass all requirements established by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners. See Qualifications to Test below. Participants are required to submit a valid CPAT completed within the last calendar year from the written test date, October 24th, 2020.
Testing Events Schedule
- 10/5/2020: Applications are available for download on this page beginning Monday, October 5th at 8am.
- 10/24/2020: Candidates who have submitted complete applications by the deadline take the written exam on Saturday, October 24th beginning at 8am. The location is TBD.
- 10/26/2020: Candidates who pass the written exam with a score of greater than 70 will be scheduled for an oral interview on Monday, October 26th between 4pm and 9pm.
Qualifications to Test
- Must show proof of being a citizen of the United States of America
- Must provide a copy of birth certificate
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application, 21 years at time of appointment
- Cannot have attained the age of 35 at the time of application
- Must provide copy of High School or G.E.D. graduation
- Must show proof of valid drivers license
- Must provide a copy of Social Security Card
- Must meet all requirements established by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- All tests begin on time. If you are late, you will not be allowed to test.
- Successful applicants must be at least an Illinois EMT-Paramedic or NREMT-Paramedic by time of appointment.
- Successful applicants must be at least a Firefighter II or Illinois Basic Firefighter by time of appointment.
- Must submit a valid CPAT completed within the last calendar year.
For information contact: