UPDATE: The Contractor has informed City of Rochelle staff that this project has been delayed to August 10-14.
The City of Rochelle's Sealcoat Project is set for August 3-8, resulting in periodic lane closures in several areas. Please use caution while traveling through construction zones and pay close attention to traffic control devices and flaggers. No parking signage will be posted.
Areas on the schedule for seal coat in 2020 include the following:
- Askvig subdivision including Harlan and Wendell Drives
- Fairview Drive
- Short Court
- Sunnymeade Drive
- Crest Lane
- Brookside Drive
- 10th Avenue between 9th Street and 20th Street
- North 14th Street between 2nd and 8th Avenues
- North 11th Street between 6th and 8th Avenues
- North Main Street between Lincoln Avenue and 5th Avenue
- North 2nd Street between Cherry Avenue and 8th Avenue
- Creston Road from Caron Road to the I-39 overpass
- South Main Street from Veteran’s Parkway to Steamplant Road
As a result of the ten-year capital plan to address maintenance requirements, numerous streets and roadways have been identified for maintenance. The application of a seal coat surface treatment is a cost effective way to maintain and preserve the life of these streets.