The City of Rochelle and Rochelle Municipal Utilities offices will be closing at 3pm on Tuesday January 29th and all day on Wednesday January 30th due to the extreme wind chills. As always, utility and emergency crews will be on duty. For your safety and that of our first responders, we encourage the following:
- Do not travel unless absolutely necessary.
- Contact your elderly and disabled friends, relatives and neighbors who may live alone.
- Bring pets inside.
- Use space heaters with great care and never use a stove to heat your home.
- Keep a slow drip of water from faucets and open cabinets to keep pipes from freezing.
- Be sure smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are in working order.
City Hall and the Rochelle Police Department may be used as warming centers. City Hall is available during regular business hours and the Police Department is available 24/7. The City of Rochelle is prepared with contingency locations should a large number of residents be in need of shelter.