The City of Rochelle, Illinois is accepting applications for the establishment of a Full-Time Firefighter/Paramedic Eligibility List.
Applicants must meet and pass all requirements established by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners. See Qualifications to Test below. Participants are required to submit a valid CPAT completed within the last calendar year from the written test date, July 22nd, 2023.
Testing Events Schedule
- June 20th, 2023: Applications are available for download on this page at 8am using the button above.
- July 22nd, 2023: Candidates who have submitted complete applications by the deadline will attend the orientation and take the written exam beginning at 8am. The location is the Rochelle Fire Department. 401 5th Ave. Rochelle, IL 60168.
- Week of July 24th (Tentative): Candidates who pass the written exam with a score of greater than 70 will be scheduled for an oral interview.
Qualifications To Test
- Must show proof of being a citizen of the United States of America
- Must provide a copy of birth certificate
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the time of application, 21 years at time of appointment
- Cannot have attained the age of 35 at the time of testing (unless meeting an exception provided by 65 ILCS 5/10-1-7.1.c)
- Must provide copy of High School or G.E.D. graduation
- Must show proof of valid driver's license
- Must provide a copy of Social Security Card
- Must meet all requirements established by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- All tests begin on time. If you are late, you will not be allowed to test.
- Successful applicants must be at least an Illinois EMT-Basic, NREMT-Basic, or RN (Registered Nurse) by time of appointment.
- Must submit a valid CPAT completed within the last calendar year.
For Information Contact:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER